The Arjuna Tisane is an extract of the Arjuna tree that is widely grown in the Indian Subcontinent and comes with several medicinal properties such as antioxidant properties, anti-inflammatory properties and antimicrobial properties. The ability of this element to reduce heart related risks makes this a very vital dietary supplement to include in your daily routine. It strengthens and tones the muscles of the heart and ensures its proper functioning.
The Arjuna Tisane is a quality blend also known to help in providing relief to aggravated concerns relating to diarrhoea. The element of Arjuna in this blend helps in retaining the body fluids aiding in control of extremities. The pure form and quality of herb used in this blend can be trusted for everyday solutions for concerns relating to digestion, blood pressure, diabetes etc. Along with consuming food that is high in nutrition, it is important to supplement your diet with additional components for an enhanced lifestyle.
Arjuna Tisanes is a combination of herbs and spices that improve functioning of the heart, facilitate better blood flow, reduces cholesterol level, helps control the sugar level in diabetics, help menstruating women cope with mood swings, calm one’s mind, strengthen the digestive tract, give good relief when one has cold and cough, assist in getting restful sleep, support lungs and liver functions. The Arjuna Tisanes works well in cases of inflammation due to injury/arthritis
Arjuna Tisanes is a combination of herbs and spices that improve the functioning of the heart, facilitate better blood flow, reduces cholesterol level, helps control the sugar level in diabetics, help menstruating women cope with mood swings, calm one’s mind, strengthen the digestive tract, give good relief when one has a cold and cough, assist in getting restful sleep, support lungs, and liver functions.
The heart is one of the vital organs in our body and is otherwise called the king of the organs. In our body, there are five major organs: Heart, Lungs, Liver, Kidney, and Spleen. Detoxing these organs at regular intervals will help us improve our immunity.
In Western Anatomy, the “Brain” has been considered in place of the “Spleen” in the five vital organs. In Ayurveda & Siddha, Spleen plays the following vital roles:
- It produces white blood cells
- Controls the level of blood cells (white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets)
- It filters the blood and removes any old or damaged red blood cells
- Maintain the levels of fluid in your body.
- Produces antibodies that protect you against infection
As we very well know, blood cells play a key role in building our immunity.
Antioxidants: Arjuna Tisanes’ main ingredient, as the name suggests, is Arjuna tree bark, which is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are substances that protect our cells against free radicals, which play a role in protection against several anomalies. Free radicals are molecules produced when our body breaks down food or when we are exposed to tobacco smoke or radiation.
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10): Arjun bark has Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10). It is a nutrient that occurs naturally in the body. CoQ10 is also found in many foods that we consume. CoQ10 acts as an antioxidant, which protects cells from damage and plays an important role in a person’s metabolism. CoQ10 may lower blood sugar levels and blood pressure.
Edema: Arjuna tree bark, coriander seeds, tulsi, and ginger have diuretic properties; which means that it helps the body to get rid of extra fluid, salt, toxic substances, and accumulated metabolic products such as urea. They serve to rid the body of excess fluid (edema) that accumulates in the tissues owing to various other conditions. When the excess fluid in the body is removed, kidney function will significantly improve.
Hepatoprotective plus Hepatocurative Activities. The liver performs a vital role in the metabolism, secretion, storage, and detoxification of endogenous and exogenous substances. The liver is concerned with the metabolism and detoxification of these compounds; therefore, this vital organ is more vulnerable to toxicity. Oxidative stress and free radicals enhance the severity of hepatic damage, which can be overcome by the antioxidant mechanism. Hence, it is required to find out the safest ways to combat the hazardous effects of the toxins on the liver. Arjuna extracts can be the best source of such antioxidants and mediate hepatoprotective activity. Arjuna may potentially be used as a therapeutic agent to cure paracetamol-induced liver damage in humans.
List of benefits of consuming Arjuna Tisanes:
- Arjuna Tisanes is a good choice to overcome digestion related issues
- It reduces BP, helps control diabetes, aids in overcoming liver-related issues, and improves heart function
- As mentioned earlier, is rich in antioxidants which is excellent for anti-aging
- It helps in better functioning of the liver, heart, and lungs
- It also helps in reducing restlessness, anxiety, hyperactivity, palpitations, agitation, and insomnia, which is a blessing for people having a busy lifestyle
- Helps overcome Hormonal Imbalance, reduces heavy menstrual bleeding (Menorrhagia) & provides relief from other menstrual problems like menstrual cramps, pain, and mood swings
- It helps in preventing pain caused by inflammation from physical injury or conditions like arthritis.
- Improves a person’s mood and thus helps in overcoming depression and provides good sleep
- Reduces the deposit of fat in the blood vessels (plaques) otherwise called Atherosclerosis
- It reduces the blood clotting and helps to strengthen the heart muscles
- It also provides relief from cold, cough sore throat, and asthma
- Arjuna bark is rich in Coenzyme Q-10 which helps prevent incidents of heart attacks
- Arjuna bark also has tonic and diuretic effects that help in preventing cirrhosis of the liver
Name of Arjuna in different Languages:
- Terminalia arjuna (Botanical name);
- White Marudah, Arjunolic Myrobalan, Arjun tree (in English);
- Arjuna, Dhanvi, Indradruma, Kakubha, Karvirak (in Sanskrit);
- Arjun, Arjuna, Koha, Kahu, Arjan (in Hindi);
- Arjun – Sadada, Sadado (in Gurarati);
- Bili-Holo-Nir-Tora Matti, Maddi (in Canarese);
- Arjuna, Arjun Sadada, Sadura, Sadaru (in Marathi);
- Arjuna, Sahajo (in Oriya);
- Vella marudha Maram, venmardhu, poomarudhu, Neermarudhu, Marudam patti/marutu (in Tamil);
- Yerra maddi, tella Maddi (in Telugu); Orjun (in Assam);
- Arjhan (in Bengali);
- Arjuna (in Punjabi);
- Adamboe, Chola venmaruthu, Poomaruthu, Manimaruthu, neermaruthu (in Malayalam);
- Neer matti, Holemaththi, Holedaasaala (in Kannada);
- Maiyokpha (in Manipuri);
Step 1 – Boil 200 ml of water.
Step 2 – Now reduce the stove flame to sim and then add one gram (one Spoon of tisanes – given along with the pack) of Arjuna Tisanes.
Step 3 – Leave it for 15 minutes or boil the water until it reduces to 50%.
Your fragrant Tisane is ready!
For sweetening the drink, you may use –
- Sugarcane Jaggery or Palm Jaggery (Allow the jaggery to melt & then strain the tisanes before consumption)
- Honey (honey is to be added only when the temperature reaches the warm state 50-60 degrees – this is to protect the nutrients of Honey)
Note: It is better if people with diabetes consume this without a sweetener.
If you are drinking for sleep, insomnia, depression, anxiety, mood swing, etc you may add pure cow milk. If you are vegan/ allergic to milk, you may consume tisane without milk.
- You can drink once a day to be active and to build immunity.
- Arjuna Tisane is advisable for people whose work involves physical exertion, sports persons, people who workout regularly (exercise endurance), athletes, and for people who have issues mentioned earlier.
- Avoiding non-vegetarian food will help you see the results of consuming ArjunaTisane in a much more profound way.
- Will work optimally when consumed after food in the morning and evening (two hours before going to bed).
- If consumed for heart health, you may have to take it for a longer period, the duration of which you may check with your doctor.
For adults 100 ml per serve ,1 or 2 times a day as mentioned above 4.
- People who are allergic to herbs and spices
- People having low BP
- People who are suffering from lower blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) as it drastically reduces the blood sugar level
- Pregnant or lactating women
- People who are not used to herbs & spices may face some issues in the initial stage
- If you experience something unusual or face persistent uneasiness, please do contact your doctor immediately.
- You may consume it for a longer period as long as your doctor says ok