The decoction is made of powdered roots combined with water, spices, and honey or jaggery. The Ashwagandha tisanes presents itself as a strong – flavoured hot beverage that rejuvenates you in times of stress. This comforting drink also shoots up your immunity levels and helps you build your muscle strength. The pure form and quality of herb used in this blend can be trusted for everyday solutions for concerns to reduce sugar levels and blood pressure.
This adaptogen (herb thought to have health benefits) is also effective in reducing inflammation and stress levels. Hence it can be recommended for professionals to increase effectiveness at work and help in aiding a good work-life balance. Being a powerful adaptogen, it enhances the body’s resilience to stress. Ashwagandha improves the body’s defense against disease by improving the cell-mediated immunity. It also possesses potent antioxidant properties that help protect against cellular damage caused by free radicals.
This small shrub has a variety of health benefits making it a prominent herb in the work of natural healing. Its numerous benefits to the body and brain has made it a herb of importance in this day and age.
Ashwagandha Tisane works very well in enhancing memory, improving cognition and immunity boosting among children. This cognitive and physiological boost will help them perform better in their academic and extracurricular pursuits.
Here are the major benefits of Ashwagandha Tisanes
- Reduce blood sugar levels
- Reduce cortisol levels and help fight symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Help to reduce blood pressure
- Improve sleep quality and fight against insomnia
- May lower cholesterol and triglycerides
The therapeutic value of drinking Ashwagandha tisanes surpasses many chemically formulated drugs. Daily consumption of Ashwagandha ensures smooth functioning of all the internal organs and provides longevity.
The Ashwagandha Tisanes made at Well O Sip® is free from preservatives and is presented with natural ingredients without sugar. This blend offers itself with benefits that range across a wide spectrum. The benefits of Ashwagandha Tisane are conspicuous due to its effectiveness in children. With effective components in this blend, the tisane is known to reduce blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
Insomnia & Mental Health Benefits: Ashwagandha is part of a class of plants called adaptogens known for their health benefits. Traditionally Ashwagandha is known to aid in quality sleep. It counters insomnia when consumed twice a day. Along with this, it is useful in reducing stress and other mental health issues like anxiety and depression.
Children & Young Adults: Well-balanced nutrition is the cornerstone of long life, good health, and proper development. Well-nourished children perform well in school, grow into healthy adults and, in turn, give their children a better start in life. Recent studies indicate that Ashwagandha can be used as a memory enhancer, growth promoter, supplement for a calm and relaxed mind, and may be used as a growth promoter in growing children. Ashwagandha Tisanes may help improve cognition, memory, and the ability to perform motor responses after instruction.
Immunity Booster: It is always a good idea to choose natural supplements for good health. Regular consumption of this Ashwagandha Tisanes promotes better strength, and improves endurance, stamina, and energy levels throughout the day to help you carry out physical activities with ease. Ashwagandha Tisanes will help you stay fit, boost your immune system, has anti-aging properties, and is safe for all age groups.
Improve muscle & Strength: Ashwagandha Tisanes helps to increase muscle power, alongside lower body fat percentage and reducing cholesterol levels. Some studies show that Ashwagandha helps in achieving significant muscle strength (measured using a bench press and leg extension exercises) and muscle size in arms and chests, as well as a significant reduction in body fat percentage and post-workout muscle damage.
Sports & Athletes: Serious athletes and weekend warriors are hunting for sports nutrition products with natural ingredients to boost performance. Ashwagandha Tisanes is one of the natural herb blends with many phytochemical constituents in it, and it has the ability to increase vitality, energy, endurance, and stamina, suggesting it can enhance physical performance. These multi-tasking herbs help the body to adjust to stress and achieve balance. It increases muscle mass and strength and may be useful in conjunction with resistance training programs or coping with exercise-induced muscle damage.
Reproductive benefits: Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is commonly known as “Indian Winter cherry” or “Indian Ginseng”. Ashwagandha also provides reproductive benefits to men. Regular consumption of Ashwagandha is known to help in improving libido, balancing testosterone levels, and increasing fertility in men.
For Diabetics: Studies also suggest that this plant can reduce blood glucose levels. A 2020 review notes that administering Ashwagandha root powder to people with diabetes could help lower their blood glucose levels. Other research also suggests that taking Ashwagandha can help improve fasting blood glucose levels in adults experiencing stress-related health conditions. Ashwagandha has been shown to reduce the levels of cortisol, a stress hormone, in the bloodstream. A high level of cortisol can lead to major problems such as weight gain and high blood sugar. Hence, anything that has shown evidence to reduce cortisol levels is a major boon to our mental and physical health.
Other benefits: Some of the added advantages also include lowering cholesterol and triglycerides, increased muscle strength and mass, improving brain function including memory. It is also known to overcome brain disorders such as Parkinson’s disease.
“Live a stress-free, healthy life by consuming Ashwagandha Tisanes”
Ashwagandha in different Languages
Ashwagandha in other Languages:
- Indian ginseng,winter cherry, ayurvedic ginseng, siberian ginseng, clustered winter cherry, strykhnos (in English);
- Ashwagandha, Balada, Karupini, Gandhpatri, vajini (in Sanskrit)
- askandha, asandh, dorgunj, doragunj ghoda , tilli (in Marathi);
- asod, ghoda ahan, ghoda akan, asun, asam, ghodasoda, Aasandha, Ghoda Aakun, Asvagandha (in Gujarati);
- Angara beru/ gadde, Hiremaddina gida, Kanchuki (in Kannada);
- Asgandh, Ashwagandha, Kachchhi, ashgandh, asgandh , ajagandha, kanaje, nagouri asgandh, nagori asagandha, rasbhari. (in Hindi);
- Amukkuram (in Malayalam);
- amukkara, amukira , asuragandi, amukkura, askulang (in Tamil);
- Ashwagandha, Vajigandha, penneru, (in Telugu);
- asgandanagaori (in Urdu);
- dhuppa (in Bengali);
- hajarat-el-dib, marjan, ubad (in Arabic);
- mehaman (in Persian);
- amangura,hirimaddina gadde,sogada bery (in Canarese);
- harhumbashir, timbuttieqli (in Assytian);
- sekran (in Syrian);
- physalis flexousa , Withania somnifera (in Latin)
achuva gandhi,amkulang kalang,amikkira gadday,amukkira kilzhangu,amukran kizhang,asagandha, asana,asundha,fatarfoda,hirimaddina gadday,hirre gadday, pevette,kuthmithi,bitterappelliefi,orovale,samm al ferakh, ashtwarg, punir,ashwanga, asoda,avarada,ghoda asoda,hayahvaya,thurangi gandha, avarada
Some notes from Ayurveda:
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera, fam. Solanaceae) is commonly known as “Indian Winter cherry” or “Indian Ginseng”. It is one of the most important herb of Ayurveda (the traditional system of medicine in India) used for millennia as a Rasayana for its wide ranging health benefits. Rasayana is described as an herbal or metallic preparation that promotes a youthful state of physical and mental health and expands happiness. These types of remedies are given to small children as tonics, and are also taken by the middle-aged and elderly to increase longevity. Among the ayurvedic Rasayana herbs, Ashwagandha holds the most prominent place. It is known as “Sattvic Kapha Rasayana” Herb. Most of the Rasayana herbs are adaptogen / anti-stress agents.
Step 1 – Boil 200 ml of water.
Step 2 – Now reduce the stove flame to sim and then add one gram (one Spoon of tisanes – given along with the pack) of Ashwagandha Tisanes.
Step 3 – Leave it for 15 minutes or boil the water until it reduces to 50%.
Your fragrant Tisane is ready!
For sweetening the drink, you may use –
- Sugarcane Jaggery or Palm Jaggery (Allow the jaggery to melt & then strain the tisanes before consumption)
- Honey (honey is to be added only when the temperature reaches the warm state 50-60 degrees – this is to protect the nutrients of Honey)
To make an AshwagandhaLatte the above preparation is to be mixed with boiled milk using a DOUBLE BOILER METHOD (fill the bottom pot with one or two inches of water. Add substance to be boiled in the top pot and turn on the burner to a simmer. As the water heats up and steam is released, the steam stays trapped between the two pots, which then heats the food in the top pot.)
What is a Latte? It is a Tisane that’s constructed with two pillar ingredients: Concoction (Tisanes Concoction as explained earlier) and steamed milk. The word “latte” comes from the Italian word “caffè e latte”, which simply means “coffee” & milk.”
- This concoction can be had once a day to feel fresh and to build immunity.
- Or you may drink Ashwagandha Tisanes along with milk one hour after dinner and one hour before bedtime to have an increased quality of sleep
- Works well if consumed without milk, one hour after food during morning hours or in the evening.
- If consumed to overcome insomnia, stress or anxiety it is advisable to consume milk within an hour after dinner and an hour before bedtime.
- For children, with or without milk in the morning or evening hours after food.
For adults 100 ml per serve in a day as mentioned above
5-8 years – 25 ml
9-12 years – 50 ml
13-16 years – 75 ml
17 & Above – 100 ml
- People who are allergic to herbs and spices
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers
- People with autoimmune diseases
- Kids below 5 years of age
- Due to its property to reduce high blood pressure, it should be avoided by patients suffering from hypotension, a medical condition of low blood pressure.
- People having insomnia or stress and anxiety – turn off all digital devices one hour before bedtime
- Try to avoid TV serials/horror movies at all times
- Try to create a pleasant atmosphere
- In case of other reactions, fluctuation or extremities, contact your doctor immediately
- Tisanes are made from plant-based ingredients. And is hence a 100% vegetarian product